|Take advantage of Earth Week to help fight climate change and care for our planet.Here are some helpful tips to help you reduce your impact on the environment:
- Take a walk around the block or try pedal power instead of driving your car to reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Buy and eat fresh local produce to lower transportation emissions into the air
- Carry your water bottle to quench your thirst and refill with Ontario tap water to keep plastic out of landfills
- Adjust your thermostat to save money and help fight climate change. For example, add another blanket on your bed in the winter.
- Don’t forget about the three R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle. Help reduce waste going to the landfill that could otherwise be recycled, reused or composted.
Ontario is leading the fight against climate change and taking strong action by ending dirty coal, setting aggressive greenhouse gas reduction targets, establishing a cap and trade system and building transit.
Fighting climate change and protecting the environment is part of the government’s plan to build Ontario up and deliver on its number-one priority to grow the economy and create jobs. The four-part plan includes investing in talent and skills, including helping more people get and create the jobs of the future by expanding access to high-quality college and university education. The plan is making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history and investing in a low-carbon economy driven by innovative, high-growth, export-oriented businesses. The plan is also helping working Ontarians achieve a more secure retirement.