To register your child for Paddle Camp, please go to the Registration Page to download the form and waiver
Paddle Camp is designed for kids ages 8-to-14. All paddle camp activities will take place from the Collingwood Dragon Boat and Canoe Club boathouse (Watts Boathouse), located on Heritage Drive (Collingwood Spit) in front of the grain terminals.
For 2015 Paddle Camp begins July 6 and ends August 21. Camp hours are from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m.
No previous paddling experience is necessary but every participant must be a competent swimmer. Participants will:
- Learn how to safely paddle a recreational canoe and kayak.
- Be introduced to sprint canoeing, kayaking, dragon boat and war canoe racing.
- Swim and be in the water – a lot!
- Play various on-water games to enhance paddling skills.
- Paddle to different municipal parks and play-fields.
- Participate in a fun regatta on Friday.
- Meet other kids and have lots of fun!
Every child who attends Paddle Camp becomes a member of the CDBCC and can paddle throughout the season during CDBCC “Open Paddle” hours.
If you are looking for an active, healthy and fun day camp experience for your children, register them for the CDBCC Paddle Camp.
Please note, Paddle Camp fees are eligible for the federal Children’s Fitness Tax Credit.