Brookside Music Association Presents The Brenda Lewis & Margaret Stowe Vocal-Guitar Jazz Duo in Summer Concert Series at the New Midland Cultural Centre!
This Friday evening July 18, popular Guelph-based jazz vocalist Brenda Lewis and longtime music partner, Toronto guitar wiz Margaret Stowe return to Brookside Music Association’s acclaimed “Summer Serenade” Concert Series. A favourite from previous concert seasons, the pair will perform in the beautiful new Midland Cultural Centre on Georgian Bay.
Moving effortlessly between jazz standards and R&B, Lewis’ voice is described as “an elastic instrument – especially in songs that speak to the heart” (Rob Reid, Waterloo Record). Versatile musician Margaret Stowe is praised by the Globe and Mail as being “most impressive on guitar”.
Brenda is fresh from wowing a full house audience as the closing act in the June 2014 “1000 Islands Jazz & Blues Festival” and last October, she also performed a sold-out concert in Merrickville’s Jazz Fest. This dynamic duo have together captivated audiences in the Uptown Waterloo Jazz Festival, Guelph Jazz Festival, Orangeville Blues & Jazz Festival, the prestigious McMichael Art Gallery’sconcert series and many more venues. This fall, she and Stowe will be featured in one of Toronto’s premium intimate concert venues:”Musideum”.
Brenda Lewis (Vocals) brendalewis.ca
FRIDAY, July 18th – SHOWTIME 7:30pm At the Midland Cultural Centre 333 King Street, Midland L4R 3M7
TICKETS: Adults $25 + HST and s/c; Students $10 + HST and s/c Easy order direct from: brooksidemusic.com/events/2014/07/18/brenda-lewis-and-margaret-stowe
OR enjoy savings by making this concert part of your series pass:
Brookside’s “Summer Serenade” Series Line-up:
- The Gryphon Trio-July 3rd-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Luis Mario Ochoa Cuban Quintet-July 4th -8:00 pm (The Boathouse Eatery)
- Beatriz Boizan -July 10th-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Quartetto Gelato -July 17th-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Brenda Lewis & Margaret Stowe-July 18th-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Buzz-July 24th-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- The Brodsky String Quartet And James Campbell-July 31st-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Rant Maggie Rant-August 2nd-8:00 pm (The Boathouse Eatery)
- Paul Marleyn And Mauro Bertoli-August 7th-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Valdy-August 15th-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Toronto All Star Big Band-August 21st-7:30 pm (The Midland Cultural Centre)
- Ontario Youth Choir-August 23rd-7:30 pm(St. Paul’s United Church)
- The Lemon Bucket Orkestra-August 28th-8:00 pm (The Boathouse Eatery)
ADULT TICKET PRICES
$25 for a single ticket or “Compose Your Own Series” of five concerts for $100
Full series subscription: Adults $225
STUDENT TICKET PRICES
Students are $10 for individual concerts and $40 for the “Compose Your Own Series”
Full series subscription: Students $100
Children under 10 are free
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)