Accessibility is Smart Business
Learn about the proven benefits of employing people with disabilities
You are invited to a FREE interactive forum that will address the questions, concerns, and misunderstandings about hiring persons with disabilities.
Presented through the support of an Enabling Change grant by the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association (OBIAA), the forum is scheduled for Wednesday, May 25 – from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. – on the third floor of the Collingwood Library at 55 Ste Marie Street, and begins with a complimentary dinner for all attendees.
Businesses have a variety of fears, misperceptions, and misunderstandings about hiring people with disabilities and yet it makes great business sense to do so. OBIAA and its “Accessibility Smart Businesses” Project have gathered key facts, important accessibility research, and compliance information to assist BIAs in educating with their members about the positive economic impact that hiring people with disabilities can have on business.
Learn about what our local community is doing to make it easier for people with disabilities to enter the workforce
Learn about the easily accessible support and funding available to your business to employ a person with a disability.
Learn about local success stories from businesses who have employed people with disabilities and what it has meant to these employees
- Most people have a mild or moderate disability, which does not impact their ability to be employed.
- 70% of disabilities are invisible
- Companies with a diverse workforce are more adaptive to change, leading to an increase in market share
- Turnover for employees with disabilities are 5x less than their non-disabled counterparts.
- Less than 2% of people with a disability use a wheelchair or scooter as their primary mode of transportation.
- During the next 20 years, an aging population and people with disabilities will represent 40% of the total income in Ontario – $536 Billion.
- Improved accessibility in Ontario can help generate up to $9.6 Billion in new retail spending and $1.6 Billion in new tourism spending.
Admission is FREE – Complimentary dinner served
Please RSVP to 705-445-5595; email@example.com
For further information, call 445-5595 or visit www.collingwooddowntown.com